Assistant Director of Libraries for Public Services
Job posted to this site on October 6th at 12:57pm
Assists in the planning and implementing of overall operating procedures of the College Libraries, and develops goals, objectives, and short and long range plans. Manages operating procedures of division libraries including library collection and delivery of its services and programs. Works on projects closely with Technical & Electronic Services.
- Manage overall operating procedures for College Libraries including personnel selection training and evaluation
- Assist the Director of Libraries in planning coordinating and implementing library services policies and procedures for extension sites
- In the absence of the Director of Libraries chairs departmental meetings attends College-wide meetings and assumes signature responsibilities
- Manage library collection development (both print and media) for extension sites including the selection organization preservation and retention of college-level materials in a variety of fields and formats
- Serves as primary resource for assisting and directing library personnel in completing difficult assignment including reference bibliographic and cataloging problems
- Develop short and long term range plans including building utilization and building locations and prepare memoranda narratives and statistical reports
- Develop goals and objectives for College libraries and set priorities
- Participate in proposing and developing new strategies to extend the library’s public services programs
- Help promote library services through participation in College professional activities
- Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the overall operating efficiency of the library
- Masters in Library Science Second Masters preferable
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Knowledge of Hebrew preferable.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Frequent Travel to Touro Library local areas
How to Apply
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.