Digital Projects Coordinator
Center for Puerto Rican Studies, Hunter College - CUNY
Job posted to this site on September 7th at 10:47am
Application Deadline: October 7th 2022
- Coordinate the implementation of assigned digital projects.
- Contribute to the development of digital collections.
- Prepare, digitize and conduct post-processing and quality control of archival material.
- Add metadata to digital objects for access and discovery in Centro’s content management system.
- Process digital images for preservation and access.
- Enforce best practices for processing, quality control, content management, and preservation of digital collections according to national standards.
- Solve problems, answer questions and provide technical solutions to supervisors and staff.
- Oversee training and supervision of other project team members.
- Maintain statistics and prepare official project reports as requested
- A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent. Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered such as a Bachelor’s degree plus two years’ experience involving digitization in a library, archives, or museum environment.
- Experience with digitizing archival material.
- Knowledge of archival encoding and descriptive standards (EAD, METS, MODS, Dublin Core, DACS, etc.)
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and adaptability to master and manage multiple workflows.
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, make constructive recommendations, interpret and apply policies and procedures, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, prioritize, problem solve, delegate, and monitor project cycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communications; meticulous and accurate recordkeeping; track record of meeting deadlines consistently.
- Experience with databases and software, such as Adobe Photoshop and Bridge, ArchivesSpace, and CollectiveAccess or other CMS / DAMS.
- Familiarity or knowledge of digital preservation best practices and experience handling rare and delicate archival and library materials.
- Working knowledge of copyright law and fair use.
- Knowledge of Puerto Rican history and culture preferred.
- Spanish language skills preferred.
Assignments & Supervision: 80% of time the coordinator will be working on a large scale NEH digitization project grant and 20% of time will be working on other projects depending upon library and archives needs. Working under the supervision of the Digital Archivist, the Digital Projects Coordinator may oversee the work of college assistants for specific projects.
To apply: Forward cover letter, resume and contact information for 2 professional references via Research Foundation application portal : https://www.rfcuny.org/pvn/job/detailposted?pvnID=HC-2208-005000 and send copy to Aníbal Arocho, Center for Puerto Rican Studies, Hunter College, CUNY at email@example.com The subject line of the email should read: Digital Projects Coordinator.
LocationEast Harlem, Manhattan
$34,580 - $54,600 yearly
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.