Job posted to this site on November 15th at 2:17pm
The Clark Art Institute seeks to fill a one-year NEH-funded position of Archives Assistant for the period of January 3-December 31, 2022. The Assistant will report to the Archivist and Records Manager and will be responsible for performing various procedures related to the Clark's analog and digital archival programs, including institutional and special collections archives and records management in accordance with standard archival practices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Assist in the transfer, retrieval, & destruction services for Institute records, managing records metadata and creating an audit trail to document the movement of Institutional records through their lifecycle
- Assist in the delivery of training to Institute employees in all areas of administrative records management; including: applying record retention requirements, electronic records management, file storage management, file naming/filing strategy, and records storage and retrieval
Education, Training, and Skills
- B.A. Degree
- Experience managing records within file storage management systems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks and to work effectively, both independently & collaboratively, in a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, organizational, written, & oral communication skills, with a positive customer service orientation
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, willingness to learn new technologies
- Commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion and the needs of serving a diverse population
- Familiarity with CONTENTdm, ArchivesSpace, MS SharePoint, Google Drive, TMS, MS One Drive, & departmental shared drives
- Familiarity with library databases.
- Background in art history or museum studies.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.