The METRO Hospital Library Services Program (HLSP) supports the work of more than 65 hospital and medical center libraries in New York City and Westchester County.
We seek to develop, enhance, and improve the delivery of healthcare information between member libraries and health care professionals.
For information on joining HLSP or for questions related to any of our grant programs, please contact Timothy Johnson at email@example.com.
METRO services to hospital and medical center libraries include:
- Information about grants and other funding opportunities
- Continuing education, including courses offering Medical Library Association credits
- An annual conference session focused on current issues related to health and medical library issues
- Free or discounted access to databases
The NYS HLSP guidelines may be found here.
METRO distributes funds from the New York State Library to support acquisitions, technology upgrades and interlibrary loan services for hospital libraries.
Collection Development & Technology Grants
Collection Development and Technology grants are available to METRO’s Hospital Library Service Program members. Grant amounts are based on funding available, established need, and current expenditure levels. The Collection Development and Technology grant may be used by HLSP member libraries to purchase either online or print materials or technology that grow and support their local collections.
The link to the application for the Collection Development and Technology grants (2021-2022) is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LL9YKNV. The deadline for applications is December 10, 2021.
Medical Information Service Program Grants
Medical Information Service Program grants are available to subsidize costs associated with interlibrary loans involving medical and health related materials. Grants are available to medical or hospital libraries, though other libraries may also be eligible to have the cost of its health-related interlibrary loans subsidized if the National Library of Medicine (NLM) or a Document Delivery Providers (DDP’s) provided them. Grant funding is based, in part, on Docline interlibrary loan statistics.
Applications for the MISP grant (2021-2022) will be posted in the winter of 2021-22.
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Brookdale Hospital and Medical Center
- Calvary Hospital
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center
- Hospital for Special Surgery
- Jamaica Hospital
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center
- Long Island Jewish-Forest Hills
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Montefiore New Rochelle
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Elmhurst
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Queens
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- New York-Presbyterian Queens
- New York-Presbyterian Columbia University Hospital
- New York-Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medicine
- New York University Health Science Library
- Richmond University Medical Center
- Rockefeller University
- St. Barnabas
- St. John’s Episcopal Hospital
- St. John’s Riverside Hospital
- Staten Island University Hospital/Northwell Health
- SUNY Health Sciences University
- White Plains Hospital
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center