Job posted to this site on August 23rd at 8:26am
Do you enjoy keeping up with the latest tech trends? Love social media and helping others with their devices? Come grow with us! Rutherford Public Library seeks a forward-thinking, creative, and patient individual with a strong passion for public service to become our next Technology Librarian. Comfort with technology, ability to work well as part of a team, and a sense of humor are all a must.
- Assist patrons with the use of technology and digital resources in the library
- Provide tech-related classes and other programs for the public
- Perform back-up reference and circulation duties as needed
- Maintain library website using WordPress
- Oversee digital marketing for the library through the use of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and Constant Contact
- Collection development responsibilities include young adult books and adult music
- Successful applicants should be up to date on the latest trends in library technology. Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience with the Google suite of products, as well as Microsoft Office and social media. Some graphic and web design experience is strongly preferred.
- Basic reference skills are required; the Technology Librarian provides assistance when the Reference Librarian is unavailable.
- Customer service experience and patience with members of the public are a must, as are the ability to multitask and work well both as a team member and independently.
- Experience in a BCCLS library and familiarity with the Polaris/Leap ILS are a plus.
Possession of an ALA-accredited MLIS or equivalent, as well as a New Jersey Professional Librarian’s Certificate, is preferred, but students currently enrolled in library school or with a Bachelor’s degree and substantial library and technology experience will be considered under the Library Associate title. This is a full-time, 35-hours/week position that reports to the Library Director, with a requirement to work one evening per week and one Saturday per month. Salary meets the NJLA minimum for Librarian I candidates. A generous benefits package includes paid sick, vacation, and personal time, health and dental benefits, and enrollment in the PERS retirement system. Per the New Jersey First Act, candidates must establish NJ residency within one year of hire.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to Gretchen Corsillo, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted until Friday, September 17.
How to Apply
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.