Full Time Librarian Childrens Department
Job posted to this site on November 15th at 7:25am
The Great Neck Library is seeking an energetic, highly motivated full-time children’s librarian who excels in providing excellent customer service to children and parents. The successful candidate must be friendly, hard-working and knowledgeable about children’s literature, digital services and children’s programming. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work well under pressure. This is a union position.
- MLS from an ALA accredited library school
- Experience working with children (birth – 6th grade) and parents
- Ability to provide reference, research and reader’s advisory service to parents and children in a diverse 4 location library system;
- A hands-on, working knowledge of digital services and library download services on various devices and be comfortable showing and promoting these services
- Desire to work as a team and collaborate with co-workers on projects and programs as well as develop and conduct innovative programs for children independently
Full time – 35 hours/week, includes one night plus Saturday rotation.
Sundays on a voluntary basis.
Starting Salary Range:
The minimum starting salary is $53,260 plus full benefit package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Reply with resume, cover letter, and references by 11/26/2021:
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please
The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.