The Municipal Archives of the NYC Department of Records & Information Services seeks short term full time contracted archival technicians for quality control of digital images and metadata related to the digitization of a photographic collection. Estimated start date February 15, 2018.
The archival technicians will perform quality audits on images in photo viewing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Bridge. The technicians will also perform quality audits on metadata in Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel. The technicians will be required to enter data and notes into spreadsheets and report regularly on progress.
The archival technician position calls for computer literate individuals who ideally have had previous experience working with digitization, archival documents, and/or goal oriented production projects. Qualified candidates will also be detail-oriented, organized, and accustomed to working independently in an environment that handles focused and repetitive tasks which require the ability to balance efficiency and accuracy.
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Bridge
• Familiarity with Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel
• Ability to set goals and milestones, and meet multiple deadlines
• Detail oriented
• An understanding of modern archival and/or information science theory, standards, and practices and their implementation
• Knowledge of the New York City geography and history
• Previous experience working with handwritten documents and maps
31 chambers street, New York NY 10007
Email resume to: [email protected]