The Technology Services Librarian is a hybrid of traditional tech services and digital solutions engineer. If that excites you, and you enjoy learning, exploring, and collaborating with others, we invite you to apply.
The Technology Services Librarian will collaborate with digital media specialists and research librarians to explore implementing data retrieval solutions, including the adoption and maintenance of discovery systems to improve searchability and overall collection awareness for clients and personnel. Additionally, the Technology Services Librarian will also perform general technical services in the areas of acquisitions, cataloging, collection maintenance, and related services. This position reports to the Head of Technical Services. Duties will include the tasks listed below. Related duties may also be assigned to accommodate workload and library needs.
• Create and manage metadata for digital collections.
• Investigate and recommend discovery platform software and services.
• Manage subscriptions and prepare orders for the purchase of materials for libraries and judges’ chambers.
• Catalog and classify print materials. Maintain the online catalog.
• Serve as a liaison and resource for technical services within the federal court library program.
• Use current awareness sources to notify research staff of new titles and databases for purchase.
• Assist with receipt and processing of library materials for the headquarters library.
• Resolve acquisition issues. Coordinate with vendors.
• ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS.
• Experience in library technical services.
• Knowledge of integrated library systems (preferably SIRSIDynix).
• Knowledge of current cataloging principles and best practices.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective and collegial working relationships.
• A very strong attention to detail and data accuracy.
• Knowledge of HTML and website maintenance experience a plus.
CL-27 ($56,063 - $91,183)
New York, NY
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF attachment by email to [email protected], subject line: Technology Services Librarian, Reference No. FY 19-12. When saving your documents as one PDF, it is important to name the file using only your firstname_lastname Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified and must travel at their own expense. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply immediately.