Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, maintains the integrated online library system and delivers support to end users in the organization about how to use various types of related software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal users, support technicians, member library directors and their staff.
· Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
· Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
· Document and evaluate resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent similar future problems.
· Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, staff and member library directors.
· Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
· Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
· Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
· Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
· Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software, and so on.
· Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
· Conduct research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master of Library Science preferred; and substantial relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with an Integrated Library System (ILS) in a consortium environment, preferably Evergreen version 3.0 or higher.
· Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
· Broad knowledge of library business practices and expectations.
· Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
· Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
· Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
· Experience with conducting research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
· Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Very strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and three professional references by August 2 to [email protected] with the position title included in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
570 Taxter Road – Suite 400, Elmsford, NY 10523