Systems Assistant (Part Time) - NY Society Library
Posted on September 19, 2017
The Systems Assistant will assist the Head of Systems in maintaining the Library’s IT infrastructure and assisting library members and staff with matters relating to technology. This position reports to the Head of Systems. The Systems Assistant will serve as the primary contact person to support a variety of library systems, and maintaining/supporting network infrastructure for optimal productivity.
Assisting members with wireless connection issues, using Library
computers, Library website and catalog, and electronic resources in person,
over the phone and via email.
• Performing systems administration functions, including troubleshooting
hardware, software, and network issues.
• Performing daily backups.
• Maintaining staff & public computers and printers by running updates,
checking printer supplies, and performing upgrades if necessary.
• Working with systems department to evaluate needs for computer
• Editing and updating web contents
• Assisting staff members with website updates and blog posts.
• Compiling circulation and website usage statistics as needed.
• Adding website logins for new members weekly.
• Setting up and operating A/V equipment as needed.
• Processing and Uploading audio and video of Library events.
• Scanning of documents and items from the Library collections.
• Performing miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Head of Systems, and
if necessary Library Administration.
• Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
• Maintain compliance with all Library policies and procedures
Hands on experience with HTML and web content management systems
(Drupal experience preferred).
Hands on experience with Windows, Apple, and LAN (Local Area Network).
Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
Strong organizational skills to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
Strong customer service skills.
The ability to quickly learn and familiarize oneself with new technology.