Reporting to the Executive Director of the Queens Library Foundation, the Senior Manager of Special Events is responsible for key functions of a growing, donor centered special events program. This includes both fundraising and cultivation events.
• Manages all aspects of the special events program, including but not limited to: creating parameters and purpose of event, designing invitations, securing venues and food/beverage, decorations and/or centerpieces, establishing layout of the event program, seating/table arrangements and name tags, securing entertainment/speaker and necessary travel or hotel arrangements, procuring of live and silent auction and/or drawing tickets items, filing for government permits.
• Oversees all aspects of the annual Gala.
• Develops special events strategy and calendar to support QLF goals.
• Secures and negotiates contracts, pricing and terms with vendors for review and approval by legal counsel prior to signing by President/CEO.
• Ensures all vendor invoices are accurate and paid adhering to event budget and library policies on procurement.
• Oversees the reconciliation of expenses and revenues for all special events.
• Works in collaboration with the Communications and Marketing departments to promote events.
• In collaboration with the Donor Database Analyst, ensures database accuracy for event mailings, underwriting solicitations and event registrations.
• Oversees development and execution of all solicitation and cultivation strategies before and after events in partnership with the Individual Giving and Institutional Giving teams.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 5-7 years’ special events experience working in a non-profit organization in a fundraising setting.
• A successful and demonstrated track record of personally cultivating, and stewarding high net-worth individuals in a mission-driven environment.
• Ability to navigate the demands of an expanding organization with increasing revenue goals.
• A collaborative style and demonstrated ability to work effectively and creatively in a team-oriented environment.
• Highly organized, creative, pro-active, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize with superior time management and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to meet short deadlines and thrive within a very fast-paced, professionally rigorous environment.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately and concisely.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] and reference “Senior Manager of Special Events – QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
ABOUT QUEENS LIBRARY:
Queens Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Innovation and leadership are the hall marks of Queens Library. Our mission is to meet the needs of the community by offering lifelong learning opportunities and ensuring there is a positive impact in the community. Queens Library fulfills its goals by embracing innovation and change. With a history of offering pioneering programs that meet the diverse needs of the most diverse county in the US, Queens Library is a place where innovation and leaders are welcomed. Queens Library a private, non-profit corporation located in Queens, New York and includes 65 service locations with 1,700 employees.
Queens Library is the proud recipient of the following awards: 2009 Library Journal, Library of the Year, 2014 ALA/Information Today, Library of the Future, 2013 ULC Top Innovators, 2013 American-Architect’s Building of the Year (Queens Library at Glen Oaks).
The Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.