The New School Libraries seeks a union clerical position full-time Senior Library Clerk 3PM- 11PM.
The New School Libraries seeks a full-time Senior Library Clerk to work primarily 3PM- 11PM Wednesday-Sunday. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Weekend and Delivery Services, this is a union clerical position.
• Answer and direct patron generated questions through a variety of mediums. This includes live interactions, phone, email, Libanswers and chat services at all library locations.
• Assist patron navigation with library reserves, online resources and the onsite physical collection.
• Assist and direct patrons with library technology, including but not limited to scanning, printing, bookable conference rooms, and the library laptop lending service.
• Proactively supervise and train student workforce.
• Perform all circulation operations, including in-house and off site.
• Perform all stack maintenance operations including off site processing, shelving and shifting.
• Opening and closing library locations as necessary.
• Understand, apply and work with staff to document library policy.
• Work with patrons and staff to efficiently process patrons disputes and fines.
• Work with the Archives and Special Collections staff to make Special Collections material available at the University Center Library.
• Assist with library collaboration room booking schedules.
• Use and troubleshoot Aleph online circulation system.
• Attend circulation staff meetings and perform library duties at all New School Libraries.
• Report to locations as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High degree of computer literacy, including the use of automated library systems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to discern problems and initiate appropriate actions toward resolutions.
• Public or academic library work experience.
• Coursework in Library and Information Science.
• Supervisory experience.
Manhattan , NY USA