The Senior Librarian II assists the Assistant Director with general administrative duties. Responsibilities will include scheduling, staff supervision and evaluation, and other tasks as delegated by the Assistant Director. In addition, the Senior II Librarian will function as Person in Charge of the Library when designated.
Job Responsibilities may Include:
• Evaluates, selects and orders Media Materials for all locations
• Establish and maintains contact with major film distributors and resources for procurement
• Extensive interaction with Patrons and Staff Members
• Conducts Programs and Special Events
• MLS from ALA accredited college or university
• Minimum of three (3) years Librarian Experience
• Extensive knowledge of current trends in media service
• Budgeting Expertise Preferred
• Customer Service Professional
Schedule: • Full time – 35 hours/week, includes • One night plus Saturday rotation. • Sundays on an opt-in basis. Starting Salary Range: The minimum starting salary is $61,640 with full benefit package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Great Neck, NY
Reply with resume, cover letter, and references by 12/06/2019: Great Neck Library 159 Bayview Ave. Great Neck, NY 11023 [email protected] No Phone Calls Please The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.