Seeking a creative, detail oriented, service driven Senior Librarian in the Children’s Department for a very active, culturally diverse children’s library in a highly educated community. Ideal candidate will be experienced in collection development and weekly staff scheduling; supervise staff in Department Head’s absence; function as person-in-charge of the Library on scheduled nights and weekends. Excellent interpersonal, communication and professional skills are a must.
Job Responsibilities may Include:
• Staff Scheduling
• Material Ordering
• Conducting Programs and Special Events
• Other tasks as delegated by Department Head
• MLS from ALA accredited college or university
• Minimum of three (3) years Librarian Experience
• Full time – 35 hours/week, includes
• One night plus Saturday rotation.
• Sundays on a voluntary basis.
The minimum starting salary is $61,640 with full benefit package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Great Neck, New York
Reply with resume, cover letter, and references by 11/2/2018:
Great Neck Library 159 Bayview Ave. Great Neck, NY 11023 [email protected] No Phone Calls Please
The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer