Touro Library is seeking a Scholarly Communications Librarian (SCL) who provides leadership and support in the growth and maintenance of scholarly communication service at Touro College & University system. The librarian cultivates partnerships within the library and across campus to promote these services and provide outreach and education in areas of scholarly communication.
• Administrates Touro’s IR including collecting and uploading the intellectual output of the Touro community; applying metadata; applying publisher policies on IR; reporting statistics and impact metrics to provost and deans offices
• Maintains the faculty publications database
• Compiles and prints a yearly faculty publications booklet
• Teaches face to face and online workshops as part of the Faculty Development Series, such as Copyright, PlumX, ORCID, etc.
• Works closely with the Open Educational Resources Librarian on promoting Open Resources and Open Textbooks
• Stays current with emerging technologies and research practices relevant to scholarly communication
• Teaches information literacy classes to undergrad students
• Manages the library’s Social Media
• Creates and maintains LibGuides
• Master’s Degree from an ALA-accredited institution
• A minimum of 2 year experience in an academic library setting
Manhattan, New York
Follow this link: https://touro.peopleadmin.com/postings/3479
Main Campus, 320 West 31st Street, New York, NY 10001