Our Research Specialists provide targeted research to all divisions of the NBC News Group, including TODAY, Nightly News, Dateline, MSNBC, our digital properties, and the network news desk and bureaus.
• Provide targeted deadline research to news reporters, writers, producers, and executives using expert skills and comprehensive knowledge of online and print resources
• Create fact sheets, timelines, and subject research guides for topics in the news for distribution and/or posting to our InfoCenter Intranet pages
• Scanning newspaper/magazine headlines and articles for on-air use
• Other specialized projects as needed, including working with archived materials
• Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science or related field
• Have at least one year of prior research experience in a corporate environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
Desired Qualifications The ideal candidate will
• Have a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or related field
• Show expertise locating, vetting, and curating a wide array of information into concise and digestible research packages for end-users
• Have strong written and communication skills
• Be fast learner who is detail-oriented and well-organized
• Be able to work effectively under deadline pressure and juggle multiple tasks
• Have knowledge of a broad array of information resources across many subjects
Email: [email protected] with your resume
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.