Berkeley College invites applications for a Research & Instruction Librarian position at the Woodbridge, NJ campus. The successful candidate will be part of a multi campus collaborative of librarians who deliver research, instruction and consultation services.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Provide research services and instruction that guide students, faculty and the college community in navigating and evaluating information; shares responsibility for building and maintaining print and media collections, serves as a liaison working with faculty to integrate information literacy concepts within course work and the scholarly journey; support faculty scholarship and develop LibGuides and other objects that promote library resources.
• Guide students, faculty and the college community in locating and evaluating information
• Serve as a member of a liaison team that works to inform and collaborate with faculty on the integration of resources and information literacy skill building through instruction, development of learning objects and assessment tools
• Develop and deliver curriculum integrated instruction in the classroom, through Canvas course participation and web-based self-help guides.
• Supervise and assist with circulation, inter campus and OCLC interlibrary loan requests.
• Share responsibility for collection development and maintenance activities for all types of information resources.
• Update the online catalog of print and media titles and performs other technical service tasks as needed to keep the collection accessible.
• Maintain usage statistics relating to gate count, reference transactions, interlibrary loan and collection use.
• Participate in designated staff committee meetings and workshops.
• An earned M.L.S. / M.L.I.S or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution
• Commitment to developing students’ information seeking abilities through each point of contact
• Experience with library automation systems and associated relevant technology that manage and deliver services
• Ability to promote the libraries resources and services in a variety of settings; to a variety of constituencies
• Ability to develop the skills outlined in the Association of College and Research Libraries Standards for Proficiencies for Instruction Librarians.
• A positive and proactive approach to customer service
• Comprehensive knowledge of, and navigational ability with, electronic information and Internet resources
• The desire to explore and innovate- what we do and how we do it
Entry level competitive
Apply online: [https://re21.ultipro.com/BER1008/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=98BF29B9…](https://re21.ultipro.com/BER1008/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=98BF29B9…) Please include a vitae or resume and letter of interest attachments along with your candidate details.
Berkeley College Woodbridge Campus 430 Rahway Ave. Woodbridge, NJ 07095 Located across the street from the North Jersey Coast Line train station, and is accessible from the Garden State Parkway, the New Jersey Turnpike, Routes 1 and 9, Interstate 287 South, and the Outerbridge Crossing. Plenty of parking is available on-site.
Bonnie Lafazan, Library Director [email protected] (732) 750-1800 x2200