New York Law School, a dynamic urban law center in the heart of Tribeca, seeks a reference and instructional services librarian. The Library houses more than 500,000 volumes of books, microforms, and audio/visual materials and offers a full range of electronic subscriptions to support the needs of more than 60 full-time faculty and approximately 1,000 students in day, evening and LL. M. divisions. Many of our academic programs are anchored within one of the school’s research centers.
Our library team works together to provide extensive reference service and research instruction to the entire law school community. Each reference librarian:
• Participates in our robust Faculty Liaison Program;
• Participates in providing required legal research instruction to the first year class and teaches in our extensive Research Skills Workshop Program. Formal teaching opportunities are available through appointment to the rank of Professor of Legal Research;
• Develops instructional materials and related research guides for various curricular areas;
• Promotes new information resources and emerging technologies;
• Serves on various library & law school committees; and,
• Shares weekend and some evening hours.
Education and Experience: MLS (or equivalent) and JD degrees are required. Legal reference experience, preferably in an academic library and solid knowledge of legal, non-legal and scholarly research sources and databases are also required. Experience teaching legal research skills classes is strongly preferred.
In addition to possessing excellent written and oral communications skills and a strong service orientation, the successful candidate must be able to work well with faculty, students, staff and attorneys in a variety of settings.
Reading knowledge of a foreign language and experience with foreign, comparative, and international law research and resources preferred but not required.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and includes a full range of benefits and support for professional development.
New York, New York
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should please email a cover letter, resume, including references, and a completed job application to [email protected] The application may be found on the NYLS web page: About the School- Employment Opportunities at NYLS at https://www.nyls.edu/about_the_school/employment/.
New York Law School 185 West Broadway NY, NY 10013 212.431.2100