The Adult Reference Department is looking for a Librarian/Librarian Trainee to work service points in a large public library. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working as part of a large team in a busy environment. They will have good organizational skills, reference interview skills and research skills. Additional language proficiency in Spanish, French, Creole or Urdu is welcome but not required.
• 17.5 hours a week
• Evening and weekend hours required.
• Providing reader’s advisory and reference assistance using print, non-print, and electronic sources
• Assisting patrons with technology, including but not limited to; computers, tablets, scanners, copiers, r-readers, Library provided mobile apps.
• Performing librarian-related tasks necessary to meet department needs.
• Delivering excellent customer service
• Creating a warm and welcoming customer experience.
• Librarian 1 must possess an MLS from ALA accredited program and NYS Librarian Certificate
• Librarian Trainee must be enrolled in accredited graduate program and have at least 15 credits.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Library or Retail experience preferred.
• The salary range is $29.88 – $30.16 per hour based on experience. • Vacation – after one year of service, vacation will be accrued at the rate of 2 hours per 68 hours monthly service. • Four paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Brentwood, NY, United States
Review of applications will begin immediately, and it will continue until the positioned is filled. Applications received by 10/6/2019 will be given preference. To apply, email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
34 Second Ave, Brentwood, NY 11717