Part-time Youth Services Librarian - Bronxville Public Library
Posted on August 03, 2018
The Bronxville Library is seeking an energetic youth services librarian for a part-time position in our bustling children’s room. This position reports to the Head of Youth Services.
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services and instruction to children and teenagers.
- Plans, publicizes, and implements creative, fun, and educational children’s and teen programming.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of teen and children’s literature.
- Engages children and teens, lead groups, and communicate effectively to a variety of audiences and age levels.
- Collection development, including ordering procedures, weeding, cataloging, classification, and record editing.
- Possesses strong computer skills with the ability to use a variety of digital devices and e-resources.
- Performs on-line database searches and search training.
- Designs and produces public relations and library instruction materials.
- Serves as a liaison in library services to area schools, libraries, and community organizations.
- Maintains awareness of new developments and trends in the field through professional journals, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Prepares statistical and/or narrative reports, memoranda, and correspondence.
- Supervises the work of clerical, paraprofessional, and volunteer personnel in assigned tasks.
- Enforces library rules and regulations, maintains a calm and pleasant room atmosphere.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Master’s Degree in Librarianship from an American Library Association accredited school, with a concentration in Children’s and/or Youth Services a plus.
- Must be on the Westchester Civil Service List for Librarian I.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in public service; experience with programming preferred.
- Familiarity with SirsiDynix, Wordpress, MS Office, iOS, Kindle, or Android a plus.
- Must submit to and successfully pass a criminal background investigation.
Bronxville, NY 10708
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three professional references to: [email protected]
201 Pondfield Road Bronxville, NY 10708 (914) 337-7680