Passionate about connecting the community to quality programs and services? Excited to use physical and virtual space to foster learning and engagement?
Join our dynamic customer service staff at a beautifully restored and renovated community jewel.
Part Time, 15 to 20 hours a week, including evenings and weekends.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the part-time Librarian provides general reference and information services; readers’ advisory; conducts collection development in all media types; leads library programs; and, performs library advocacy. The part-time Librarian provides assistance to customers using the library; resolves problems; and, acts as a role model for exemplary public service amongst staff and colleagues.
• ALA accredited Master’s degree in Library and Information Studies
• Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated oral and written communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to handle detail orientated work
• Strong commitment to public service and the ability to work well with a diverse patronage
• Knowledge of community centered programming and materials
• Knowledge of the Internet and computer-assisted reference services
$34.21 per hour
Rye, NY 10580
Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
[email protected], 914-967-0480