The Newburgh Free Library is seeking a Part-Time Librarian to join its Adult Services Department. We are seeking someone who is well versed in library reference techniques, is eager to respond to the information needs of library patrons, and is committed to providing exceptional customer service.
The major responsibilities of the person in this position will be to:
• Provide reference assistance and reader’s advisory to patrons of all ages;
• Instruct patrons in the use of print and online library materials, including the use of the online catalog;
• Keep up-to-date with library trends and technologies;
• Perform related reference projects and other duties as assigned.
• Assistance in collection development through selection and weeding in assigned subject areas may be included.
• Reports to the Head of Adult Services. Hours: 17 ½ hours per week, including nights and weekends.
• Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
• NYS Public Library Certificate.
• Previous library experience preferred.
Commensurate with experience
Newburgh NY 12550 USA
To apply, go to www.newburghschools.org, click on the “District” tab, drop down to “Employment with the District” and follow the directions on the posting for:
NFL-PT-LIB Part Time Librarian I Adult Services Dept.
External applicants must apply online using Recruit Front at https://newburghschools.recruitfront.com/JobOpportunities . Interested applicants must register or create an account on Recruit Front prior to applying for the position by the closing date. All replies must be received in the Office of Human Resources by 4PM on September 6, 2019.
Newburgh Free Library, 124 Grand Street, Newburgh NY 12550, 845-563-3600
For further information about the position, contact Human Resources at 845-563-3460.