Saint Paul’s School of Nursing, an Education Affiliates school, is seeking a part-time Library Resource Center (LRC) Technician to work up to 28 hours per week between the hours of 4PM-10PM Monday-Friday and 1-5PM on Saturdays. Schedules may change depending on the needs of the LRC. The LRC Technician assists the LRC Manager with locating resources, printing documents, and other duties as required. This is a part-time non-exempt position.
• Works as a team with the LRC Manager and work-study student on collection development and maintaining the resources in the LRC.
• Abides by and enforces the policies of the LRC and Education Affiliates.
• Maintains good relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
• Creates ResourceMate circulation accounts.
• Assists LRC Manager with printing and Campuslink accounts.
• Presents as needed, library orientations, updates for students and faculty, and library programs.
• Collects statistics on library usage.
• Keeps LRC Manager informed about student computers and other daily developments.
• Answers reference and research questions using print resources and or/online databases.
• Catalogs new library resources and circulates library materials.
• Works with LRC Manager to create PowerPoint presentations, brochures, and handouts.
• Adds to LRC’s libguides including LibraryThing catalog and updates LRC’s social media.
• Coordinates with LRC Manager distributing and inputting data from the National LRC survey.
MLS, familitiarity with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint. On-going usage of electronic databases, LibGuides, The Internet, and social media, professional attitude along with excellent communications and problem-solving skills. Outstanding customer service. Ability to work frequently independently without direct supervision.
$21.00 per hour
Staten Island, New York 10311
Saint Paul’s School of Nursing, 2 Teleport Drive, Suite 203, Staten Island, NY 10311
Saint Paul’s School of Nursing, [email protected] (No calls, please)