Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO) seeks a Part-Time Bookkeeper who can assist the controller in facilitating accounting, finance, and human resources functions, as well as manage operational data and assists in special projects and audits.The candidate will ensure transactions have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect METRO’s accounting process; responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues and generating receivables aging reports; maintains an accurate recording of METRO’s payroll, providing timely and accurate financial information; and participate in daily data entries.
• Assist the Controller in supervising daily workflow including AP, AR, Payroll, banking, and Grants.
• Handle pass through invoicing.
• Manage biweekly payroll functions, handle organizational relationships with payroll processing firm, record payroll entries.
• Perform monthly entries to facilitate bank reconciliations and monthly closing.
• Assist with fiscal year-end closing and year- end audit by providing schedules and supporting documents at auditors’ requests.
• Assist with year-end 1099s, and with HR, and other special projects assigned by the Controller.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
• Has a working knowledge of accepted accounting practices and financial accounting standards.
• Exhibits strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant technology.
• Knowledge of Financial Edge software preferred but not required
• Possesses exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager and multi-tasker.
• Displays the ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Demonstrates good interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
$25/Hr. @ 20 Hours a week
New York, NY
Email .pdfs of your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by Friday, December 13
599 11th Avenue, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10036