The Westchester Library System (WLS) seeks an Outreach Services Programmer to develop and deliver programs that assist community members who may have barriers to accessing library services. Target audiences include special populations that require in-depth information and support to effectively engage with needed print and digital resources and library services. Specific projects address citizens returning from incarceration, new immigrants, community members with physical or developmental disabilities, and adults with low-literacy and/or a need to build basic reading, math and digital skills.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Public Innovation & Engagement. Public Innovation & Engagement is responsible for the creation of information resources, direct services to outreach audiences, and programming that expands the capacity of member libraries to serve underserved and unserved populations.
• Masters in Library Science or related advanced degree with a focus on public service.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills – in person, in writing, and on the phone.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products, Google Drive, and WordPress.
• Prior experience working effectively with multiple concurrent projects.
• Drivers license and personal vehicle required to drive to locations throughout Westchester County for service delivery.
Working conditions: The position also requires the ability to physically handle and lift packages weighing as much as 25 pounds. Periodic travel will be required for both training and service delivery.
Elmsford, NY 10523
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and three professional references by February 4 to [email protected] with the position title included in the subject line of the email.