Touro College Libraries is seeking a highly motivated Open Educational Resources & Instruction Librarian to advance the library’s Open Educational Resources (OER) initiative, thereby aiming to create a more inclusive academic experience for Touro students. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Information Literacy and the Scholarly Communications Librarian to raise awareness of OER on different campuses, and to develop and implement OER programs in relevant academic departments. This librarian will also provide library instruction services to different graduate and undergraduate programs.
• Instrumental to the growth and success of the library’s OER program
• Becomes familiar with the growing number of OER repositories, the breadth and depth of the subjects covered
• Develops and leads training workshops on OER and provides relevant copyright information to faculty
• Serves as an OER resource for faculty in the adoption, adaptation, and authorship of OER
• Teaches information literacy and research skills classes in face-to-face and online learning environments
• Designs a variety of instructional webinars and tutorials
• Develops and maintains content for the Library’s Social Media
• Occasional evening hours
• Performs other duties as assigned
Master’s in Library & Information Science from an ALA accredited institution.
320 West 31st Street, NY, NY (4th floor)
Please follow the link http://touro.peopleadmin.com/postings/4859