Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for a library science professional to fill the role of Library Relations Manager. This position requires a Master of Library Science as well as customer relations experience. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is a rewarding opportunity for someone who would enjoy blending their library science expertise with presentation and relationship building skills.
The Library Relations Manager’s primary job responsibility is to maintain PLI’s relationships within the library community and to promote customer retention for PLI Press products, including PLI PLUS, print and eBooks. This position is customer-facing and requires a candidate who is able to prioritize work and be flexible.
• Customer relations and outreach for Law Firm, Law School, Government, and Corporate customers
• Work to ensure account retention for PLI PLUS
• Provide PLI PLUS training through web conference and onsite visits
• Attend industry events and conferences to promote PLI and bring back knowledge and insight
• Support sales and marketing initiatives to promote PLI products
• Support the development of PLI PLUS products by providing customer feedback and market insights
• Create and update documentation to support PLI PLUS customers
• Manage print and individual eBook subscriptions as needed
• Perform other related tasks as requested by supervisor
• Travel is required
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Advanced Academic Credentials required, MLS preferred or comparable experience
• 1-2 years of experience relevant to library science and/or customer relations required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including public presentation skills
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to plan and effectively manage multiple projects
• Ability to meet deadlines and work professionally under pressure
• Effective decision making
• Experience in law libraries, law schools, or the publishing industry preferred
Commensurate with experience
New York, NY
Practising Law Institute is a nonprofit learning organization dedicated to keeping attorneys and other professionals at the forefront of knowledge and expertise. PLI is chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York, and was founded in 1933 by Harold P. Seligson. The organization provides the highest quality, accredited, continuing legal and professional education programs in a variety of formats which are delivered by more than 4,000 volunteer faculty including prominent lawyers, judges, investment bankers, accountants, corporate counsel, and U.S. and international government regulators. PLI publishes a comprehensive library of Treatises, Course Handbooks, Answer Books and Journals also available through the PLI PLUS online platform. The essence of PLI’s mission is a commitment to the pro bono community, with over 98,000 program scholarships awarded in 2017.