Seeking a Library professional ready for an opportunity to oversee the quality of library resources, services and support at the Brooklyn campus. The successful candidate enjoys involvement in a small-scale environment; variety in responsibilities, and providing research, instruction and consultation services in support of teaching and learning at the Bachelor’s/Associate’s degree levels .
• Oversee hiring, training, schedules and performance of a part time professional and student staff.
• Administer the acquisition and management of the campus collections and equipment, including technical services and integrated library system activities.
• Conduct and report on the analysis of collections, usage, service points and other assessment data that evaluate the impact and effectiveness of library services and resources.
• Develop the library’s proposed annual operating budget with input from appropriate personnel; monitor the budget throughout the fiscal year and make adjustments as needed.
• Contribute to instructional services through development, delivery, and assessment of course integrated instruction or self-directed learning objects.
• Participate in the faculty governance of the College, as well as, Campus and College wide committees.
• Represent the library at the campus level, advocating and promoting resources and services.
Master’s degree from an ALA accredited library school or other relevant accredited graduate degree.
• Employment history that reflects progressively responsible work experience.
• Technology skills including working knowledge of all Windows applications, integrated library systems, learning management systems and a broad range of subscription databases and web based information sources and services.
• Strong interpersonal skills, service orientation and respect for diversity.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the trends and practices in information literacy, and emerging technologies.
• Ability to excel both independently and as a team member within a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Mid $60,000’s w/comprehensive employment benefits.
Interested candidate should apply online. Please complete applicant data and include an attached resume. [https://re21.ultipro.com/BER1008/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=1286E7A7D779441D](https://re21.ultipro.com/BER1008/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=1286E7A7D779441D)
Berkeley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer who actively supports equal access for all people, and we consider applicants for all positions regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, Gender, Age, National Origin, Marital or Veteran Status, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or any other legally protected status.