Programs are a vital part of the mission of the White Plains Public Library. In this position, you will take the lead in creating and sometimes executing public programs that educate, entertain, excite, and enrich our patrons. Working with colleagues throughout the Library as well as White Plains, you will develop programs to best serve the White Plains community. The successful candidate will be committed to the Library’s role as a community hub, a place for patrons to learn and exchange ideas. You will work to give community members and organizations a voice in developing programs and events, and identify expertise and talents in the community, welcoming this knowledge into the Library. You will be creative and willing to innovate.
In this position you will:
• Plan and sometimes execute programs, workshops, presentations, meetings, and other participatory experiences
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to support ongoing programs, generate new ideas, and coordinate development
• Be comfortable with a wide array of programming initiatives, including maker activities, arts & crafts, media production, health & wellness, finance, current events, and much more
• Cultivate relationships with community organizations and individuals to expand our programming
• Work closely with the marketing librarian to promote events
• Join the Adult Services department, reporting to the Manager of Adult Services, and serve on public serve desks as needed.
Fluency in Spanish a plus. Must be able to work evening as well as weekend hours. The successful candidate must have a Master’s degree in the field of library or information science from a program that is accredited by the American Library Association or recognized by the New York State Education Department as following accepted education practices in this field. In addition, you must be eligible for a New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate at the time of application; possession of certificate at the time of appointment. You will also be required to pass a civil service examination and be reachable for permanent appointment.
Salary range: $55,991 to $72,152
White Plains, NY, USA
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to: Tim Baird, Manager of Adult Services, [email protected] Please put “Librarian Vacancy” in the subject line. The deadline is Friday, October 18 at 5 p.m.
100 Martine Avenue, White Plains, NY 10601
Tim Baird, Manager of Adult Services, [email protected]