New York University Libraries seeks an innovative Librarian for Collections, Resource Sharing, and Consortial Partnerships who will combine knowledge of collection development with a strategic understanding of the role of resource sharing and consortial partnerships in providing access to local and collaborative collections for scholarship and learning. Recognizing that library users expect to be able to access rich and diverse collections, whether these collections are local, consortial, regional, national, or global, and regardless of whether they are owned, shared, licensed, or open-access, NYU Libraries aims to ensure that users have access to the collections they need. This position will provide leadership and vision for a “collections as service” model of collection development and resource sharing by coordinating existing (EAST, MaRLI, PALCI, etc.) and developing new, partnerships and by overseeing resource sharing staff, policies and practices. The Librarian for Collections, Resource Sharing, and Consortial Partnerships will coordinate the assessment of “collections as service” model with an eye to understanding collection use holistically and helping to shape local collection and resource sharing policy and practice.
Primarily reporting to Head of Access, Delivery, & Resource Sharing Services and secondarily reporting to Head of Collection Development, this position collaborates closely with departments across the Libraries. Specific Duties
• Oversee resource sharing and delivery services for NYU Libraries including direct supervision of resource sharing supervisors (2 FTE).
• Provide strategic leadership and serve as a point person for resource sharing and consortial partnership policies and practices. Explore and develop new partnerships, including shared print opportunities.
• Recommend best practices and implement workflows to maximize value of partnerships and provide superior access to library resources whether owned or borrowed.
• Serve as coordinator for all assessment efforts for resource sharing and consortial partnerships, including usage, collections, cost, and fulfillment analysis.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues in Public Services, Collection Development, Knowledge Access & Resource Management, Web Services, and User Experience to recommend and implement new services and technologies to support seamless user discovery of and access to resource sharing services and consortial collections.
• Participate in leadership team for Access, Delivery, & Resource Sharing department. At the Division of Libraries, we are proud of our organizational culture and we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization that supports a sense of belonging for the staff and communities we serve. For more about our values, see http://library.nyu.edu/about/general/values/
• Minimum one graduate degree (master’s level or higher) for consideration. A second graduate degree will be required for tenure review. One of the two graduate degrees must be an ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent.
• 2-3 years of experience in resource sharing and/or collection development in an academic library.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and experience supervising people or leading teams.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex projects across organizational boundaries; strong analytical skills. Preferred:
• Knowledge of trends and best practices in resource sharing and/or collection development.
• Working knowledge of resource sharing technologies.
• Familiarity with data analysis tools (Excel, Tableau, or other).
• Experience working on local or national committees, user groups, or other organizations to discover and advance common interests.
Faculty status, attractive benefits package including five weeks annual vacation. Salary commensurate with experience and background.
New York, New York, United States of America
To ensure consideration, submit your CV and letter of application, including the name, address, and telephone number of three references to: https://apply.interfolio.com/57318 Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
About NYU Libraries Libraries at New York University serve the school’s 59,000 students and faculty and contain more than 5 million volumes. The Libraries supports NYU’s vision to become the first true Global Network University by collaborating with and providing services to our 11 global academic centers and our “portal campuses” in Abu Dhabi and Shanghai. New York University Libraries is a member of the Association of Research Libraries, the OCLC Research Library Partnership, and the HathiTrust. The Libraries participate in a variety of consortia, including The Pennsylvania Academic Library Consortium (PALCI), Eastern Academic Scholars Trust (EAST) and OCLC SHARES. The Libraries collaborates closely with Columbia University Libraries and the New York Public Library through the Manhattan Research Library Consortium. View NYU Libraries Mission and Strategic Plan: https://sites.google.com/nyu.edu/stratplan/
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Enrique Yanez, Assistant Dean for Human Resources, 70 Washington Square S, New York, NY 10012; [email protected]