Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an IT User Support Specialist for Libraries Technical and Automated Services Unit.
Among the key duties of this position are the following: • Provides end-user support with hardware, software, operating systems, and networking issues. Provides system administration for Windows servers, including using Veritas BackupExec and Active Directory. • Installs and troubleshoots software and hardware used by faculty and staff. • Provides support for the Office 365 platform. • Provides support for wireless, mobile, VoIP, video conferencing and instructional technologies. • Documents all work performed in our ticketing system. • Performs other departmental duties as needed and as assigned in this area.
•This is a six month appointment. •Clean driving record.
• In-depth familiarity with Windows 10 workstation software is required.
• Must have troubleshooting experience with Windows and Mac software, as well as networking issues relevant to workstations, servers, and networking devices.
• Experience with BackupExec and Active directory are desired.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must have valid driver’s license, as the position requires travel between the New Brunswick/Piscataway libraries.
• Must be able to work independently and with teams Equipment Utilized
$20-$25 per hour