The Instruction and Outreach Librarian facilitates the academic goals of the university by designing and delivering research support and instruction for students and faculty in both traditional classroom and online learning environments.
By regularly engaging with emerging technologies and best practices in information literacy, the Instruction and Outreach Librarian develops online tutorials, workshops, and outreach activities to support research skills at all levels.
• Develop and lead library instruction sessions targeted to specific student learning outcomes and research assignments
• Develop online tutorials and research support modules
• Serve as an embedded librarian in introductory Writing and Biology courses.
• Coordinate library instruction scheduling: receive request forms, assign classes, maintain calendar
• Conduct drop-in research support workshops based on the needs of the university community
• Devise measuring tools to assess the effectiveness of library instruction and revise them as needed. Assist the director with evaluating, reporting on, and responding to assessment results. FACULTY OUTREACH
• Develop programming to foster faculty adoption or creation of open educational resources (OER).
• Assist faculty with integrating research-based assignments and information literacy learning objectives into their curriculum
• Serve as the Library Liaison for several academic departments, gathering feedback and connecting them with potential library resources and services
• Serve as the Library Liaison for the Center for Digital Humanities, providing workshops and occasional technical support to promote scholarship in this area
• Help gather and provide access to St. Peter’s faculty scholarship via Peacock Scholarsphere
• Conduct faculty-directed workshops in conjunction with the Distance Learning Committee and Office of Faculty Research and Sponsored Programs RESEARCH ASSISTANCE
• Answer questions and provide hands-on technology and research assistance at the Reference Desk
• Assist patrons remotely via chat, e-mail, Google hangouts, and other potential communication tools.
• The successful candidate needs the dedication and flexibility to assist students, faculty and administration in obtaining a wide range of scholarly information in a variety of academic settings. Interpersonal skills are vital.
• Good communication skills-both written and verbal-are required.
• The ability to deliver instruction in multiple modes and to showcase library resources and technology to a diverse population are of utmost importance.
• Experience in teaching environments is helpful, but recent graduates with a strong interest in pedagogy and information literacy instruction will be considered.
• Experience with or interest in digital tools such as geospatial information systems (GIS), institutional repositories, wikis, podcasting, or any technology supporting digital humanities scholarship is helpful.
Jersey City, NJ
Apply online: https://saintpeters.peopleadmin.com/postings/1545
For additional information please contact Library Director, Daisy DeCoster. [email protected]