ASA College, a New York City-based, two-year, Middle States-accredited degree-granting institution, has multiple openings for qualified individuals to teach LIB100 Research Methods, a required, two-credit introductory information literacy course designed for second-semester freshmen and an integral part of ASA’s General Education program.
We currently have openings for multiple weekday sections (11:00am-6:00pm Monday through Thursday) at our MetroTech campus in Brooklyn for the Spring 2020 semester.
Positions are also expected to be open at the following days and times at our Herald Square location in Manhattan: • 11am-10pm Monday through Thursday • 11am-5pm Friday • 8:30am-5:30pm Saturday and Sunday
ASA’s Spring 2020 semester is scheduled for February 18 through June 1, 2020.
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced classroom instructors seeking additional income and teaching experience by working in a dynamic and evolving information literacy instruction environment.
• Collegial approach to instruction, including collaboration with disciplinary faculty
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver course content over a 15-week semester
• Effective classroom management skills
• Ability to work with a widely-diverse student population including first-generation and non-native English speakers
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution; second Masters or Ph.D. preferred Familiarity with Blackboard Learn required
MetroTech Brooklyn & Herald Square Manhattan
Qualified individuals are invited to email résumé and cover letter to:
Brook Stowe Library Director ASA College New York, NY [email protected]
No phone calls, please.