ASA College, a New York City-based, two-year, Middle States-accredited degree-granting institution, has multiple openings for qualified individuals to teach LIB100 Research Methods, a required, two-credit introductory information literacy course designed for second-semester freshmen and an integral part of ASA’s General Education program.
Our program is expanding! We currently have openings for multiple weekday sections (11:00am-6:00pm Monday through Thursday) at our MetroTech campus in Brooklyn for the Fall 2019 semester.
Positions may also be open at the following days and times at our Herald Square location in Manhattan: • 11am-10pm Monday through Thursday • 11am-5pm Friday • 8:30am-5:30pm Saturday and Sunday
ASA’s Fall semester begins October 8, 2019 and runs through February 3, 2020. We will be closed December 23, 2019 through January 1, 2020.
Due to our expansion into information literacy instruction designed specifically for ESL and non-native English-speaking students, qualified candidates with ESL teaching experience and/or with TESOL certification will be given special consideration.
Founded in 1985, ASA College is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced instructors seeking additional income and teaching experience by working in a dynamic and evolving information literacy instruction environment.
Teaching 1-3 sections of our required, 2-credit, 15-week information literacy course to classes of approximately 20-25 students each.
• MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution; second Masters or Ph.D. preferred
• Collegial approach to instruction, including collaboration with disciplinary faculty. Proficiency in Blackboard Learn LMS strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver course content over a 15-week semester
• Effective classroom management skills
• Ability to work with a widely-diverse student population including first-generation and non-native English speakers. Proficiency in languages in addition to English a strong plus, especially Spanish
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Qualified individuals are invited to email résumé and cover letter to:
Brook Stowe Library Director ASA College New York, NY [email protected]
No phone calls, please.