The METRO Hospital Library Services Program (HLSP) supports the work of more than 40 hospital and medical center libraries in New York City and Westchester County. Reporting to the Deputy Director, the HLSP Manager is a part-time position that supports METRO in helping to develop, enhance, and improve the delivery of health-care information between member libraries and healthcare professionals. The HLSP manager is responsible for the strategic planning and management of medical library services to HLSP members.
• Develops and maintains services for HLSP members, providing new resources that optimize library services for users.
• Supports education, research and funding for HLSP members by coordinating and administering grant programs for member organizations.
• Establishes procedures and guidelines for HLSP projects.
• Develops new services for member organizations.
• Promotes the Medical Information Services Program (MISP) to support interlibrary sharing of health-related materials for all member organizations.
• Represents METRO at HLSP meetings and functions. Coordinates the HLSP Advisory Council.
• Provides guidance, advice and acts as a liaison for member organizations.
• Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or a related degree.
• Ability to work and motivate independently.
• Ability to initiate and maintain programs and services to meet identified needs. experience in a hospital or health related library preferred.
• Excellent communication skills.
This is a 10 hour a week position, at $30/hr.
599 11th Ave., 8th Floor
Please email a .pdf version of your cover letter and resume to [email protected], by June 30, 2019.