The Great Neck Library is seeking an energetic, highly motivated full-time children’s librarian who excels in providing excellent customer service to children and parents to work in our Main Library. The successful candidate must be friendly, hard-working and knowledgeable about children’s literature, digital services and children’s programming. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work well under pressure. This is a union position
Schedule: 35 hours/week, includes evenings Every other Saturday Sunday’s on an opt-in basis.
• MLS from an ALA accredited library school
• Experience working with children (birth – 6th grade) and parents
• Ability to provide reference, research and reader’s advisory service to parents and children in a diverse 4 location library system;
• A hands-on, working knowledge of digital services and library download services on various devices and be comfortable showing and promoting these services
• Desire to work as a team and collaborate with co-workers on projects and programs as well as develop and conduct innovative programs for children independently
The starting salary is $53,260+, with full benefit package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Great Neck, NY
Reply with resume and cover letter via email by 11/7/2019 to:
Employment Great Neck Library 159 Bayview Avenue Great Neck, NY 11023 [email protected]
No Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Great Neck Library