The Freelance Metadata Librarian/Archivist position focuses mainly on digitally capturing and archiving images and documents for Natural Resources Defense Council’s 50th Anniversary.
The role will be responsible for contacting and coordinating intake of historical materials from multiple sources including directly from NRDC employees and from the NRDC Collection in the archives at Yale.
• Ability to travel within NYC tri-state area (many of the images/documents cannot be moved and will need to be digitally archived at their location. i.e. New Haven, CT)
• Previous experience in digital archiving and digital preservation
• Ability to research and ingest materials from multiple sources
• Experience editing and curating collections
• Handling and shipping archival documents
• Using digital photography and scanning to capture printed and archival materials
• Inputting metadata, keywording and archiving in DAM system
• Knowledge of embedded metadata & keyword standards and best practices
• 3+ years’ relevant experience required (i.e. university, museum or photographic archive)
• Organized self-starter but able to work in a collaborative team environment
• Responsive and quick thinking in rapid paced environments
• Strong verbal and written skills required
• MLIS preferred
Rate: $50/hour - $75/hour (depending on level of experience) + travel expenses Term: Temporary (3-months) starting May 1st, 2019