Electronic Resources Librarian - CUNY Queens College
Posted on September 05, 2019
A public services position reporting to the Chief Librarian, the E-Resources Librarian effectively coordinates and leads e-resources activities, which include management, policy development, budgeting, statistical and qualitative reporting, access and accessibility standards, user experience and improvement in a high-tech multi-disciplinary library. This is a 12-month, tenure-track appointment.
The position works collaboratively to advance the Libraries’ teaching and learning activities in support of the Queens College (QC) curriculum through the effective integration of e-resources into the website of the Queens College Libraries (QCL) and the promotion of the effective use of e-resources to all college users.
The anticipated start date is February 2020
- Coordinates electronic resources among all units of the department and develops policies and procedures for managing electronic resources.
- Oversees assessment of, and makes recommendations for, e-resources and the development of digital content to ensure that collections are aligned with the university goals in support of teaching and learning at the college.
- Collects and analyzes e-resource usage data, performs cost-use analysis of e-resources, and generates usage reports needed for library assessment.
- Works collaboratively with the Acquisitions Librarian on licensing, maintenance and continuous access of the Library’s electronic resources including e-books, databases, e-journal subscriptions throughout their life cycle, with a focus on access.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and corrects holdings, access, and technical issues, collaborating with library and campus IT staff and vendors as needed. Provides timely, high-quality support to library staff and users.
- Collaborates with collection management and cataloging staff to maintain accurate descriptive metadata, and holdings.
- Stays abreast of developments in electronic resources and serials management, scholarly publishing, open access, library services platforms, electronic resources that support emerging/changing role of academic libraries including digital tools, data sets, resource allocation and other areas related to position responsibilities.
- Works collaboratively with Web and Digital Services Librarian to create, assess, revise, and maintain Library web page content, navigation, and access to resources.
- Acts as the primary contact for vendor purchases and coordinates the selection and evaluation of electronic resources, before and after purchase.
- Working with Scholarly Communication Librarian, works to maintain high visibility of scholarly output of the Queens College community.
- Provides training to faculty and peers to maximize the use of electronic resources
- Manages technical, access, and copyright issues related to QC Library’s video streaming platform
- Works with Office of Library Services (OLS) to maximize the use of consortial resources, represents QC’s interests in consortial purchase decisions, and assists in the conversion to a new CUNY-wide LSP
- Represents QCL interests on various local, regional, and national committees.
- Participation in reference and research assistance, instructional services, and collection development
- Some evenings and weekends schedule
Master’s in Library Science (MLS), Master’s in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution, with a second graduate degree required. Also required is the ability to work with others for the good of the institution.
- 1 year of recent experience in professional e-resource management or a related field strongly preferred.
- Experience resolving product and service issues with vendors
- Familiarity with accessibility standards in e-resources
- Familiarity with electronic resources cataloging standards
- Knowledge of best practices in user experience design
- Knowledge of Web editing for e-resource provision
- Project management experience
- Experience with library budgetary practices
- Reference and Instruction experience
Flushing, New York, U.S.A.
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to cuny.jobs
- In the box under “job title/ keyword”, enter “21014”
- Click on “Electronic Resources Librarian- Assistant Professor (Librarian)”
- Click on the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions.
Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
CUNY Queens College Benjamin S. Rosenthal Library - 65-30 Kissena Blvd. - Flushing, NY 11365