Reporting: Associate Director, User Support, Education, and Research (USER) Services.
Purpose: The Digital Services Librarian serves the educational, research and information needs of the University community via the creation and maintenance of web-based interactive content, tutorials, and reference services that extend library education and research assistance to all students, faculty, residents, fellows and employees of New York Medical College. This is a position that requires a technology-minded librarian who will stay abreast of technology trends and provide training, support, service development and implementation in the library relative to innovations.
• Develops, maintains, and evaluates web-based content, tutorials, and online services; • Recommends and develops new library digital services including those for mobile devices; • Promotes the use of appropriate current and emerging technologies and media; • Serves as a member of the reference team; • Performs liaison responsibilities with NYMC clinical and non-clinical academic departments including developing and teaching instructional sessions, online searching, and marketing of library services; • Updates library web content; • Works closely with the library’s systems and network administrator on information delivery projects; • Provides innovative service development and participates in technology projects of the library; • Participates on various library committees as assigned; • Performs other duties as assigned.
• Masters degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited school. • Knowledge of and experience using reference resources, internet resources, and other electronic products. • Strong interpersonal skills, a public services orientation, and demonstrated written and spoken communication skills. • Ability to work both independently and in a team environment. • Ability to initiate and manage projects effectively, with attention to detail.
• Reference and instructional experience in a health sciences library, preferably academic;
• Knowledgeable about sources of health sciences information, evidence based practice, and translational medicine;
• Database design experience;
• Demonstrated knowledge of the best practices, standards in web design, and knowledge of major tools such as Adobe Creative Suite products and Content Management Services;
• Ability to use web social media technologies in an educational setting;
• Ability to use major web programming languages and frameworks, such as HTML/CSS and learn new languages; • Ability to utilize software (such as Zoom and Captivate) to develop online instructional content; • Knowledge of bibliographic management software, current information literacy standards and instructional best practices; • Knowledge of usability testing and web analytics; • Graphical skills; • Educational or experiential background in the pre-clinical or health sciences; • Teaching experience; • Certification by the Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP).
Send resume with cover letter indicating position of interest to: Alicia Parrish, Employment Manager, Human Resources Department at [email protected] or HR fax 914-594-4309. Candidates of interest will be contacted to schedule interviews. New York Medical College is committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. New York Medical College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alicia Parrish, Employment Manager, Human Resources Department at [email protected]