The Library is seeking a Circulation Supervisor. The position reports to the Head of Circulation. This is a full-time position with the following schedule: Wednesdays and Thursdays 12-8, Fridays 9-5, and weekends 11-5.
• Managing the activities of Circulation staff during evening and weekend hours
• Overseeing Library opening and closing procedures
• Assisting patrons and adjudicating conflicts
• Providing reference services
• Performing all Circulation Desk duties including but not limited to checking out and renewing Library materials, placing holds, collecting fines and fees; responding to patron requests
• Performing other duties as required
• Maintain compliance with all Library policies and procedures
The successful candidate will have:
• Two or more years of supervisory experience
• Two or more years of professional library experience
• ALA-accredited Masters of Library Science degree (preferred)
• Experience with integrated library systems (preferably Sierra), reference and public services
• Excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, computer proficiency, a commitment to providing superior service and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment
• Excellent teamwork, project management, and conflict resolution skills
New York, NY
The New York Society Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Potential candidates should email a cover letter, resume and the names of three (3) references with contact information to: Mia D’Avanza at [email protected] with “Circulation Supervisor” in the subject head.
Visit our website at www.nysoclib.org. No phone calls please.