The Great Neck Library is seeking a Manager to head the Circulation Department of the Great Neck Library. Excellent interpersonal, communication and professional skills are a must in this intensely active facility. This is a union position that reports to the Assistant Director.
Responsibilities: Note: The duties listed below illustrate but do not limit the tasks performed by this classification.
• Oversee all aspects of Circulation operations
• Develop, deliver and continually evaluate and improve Circulation services
• Supervise, train, motivate, schedule and evaluate employees.
• Guide staff toward the highest standards of customer service
• Supervise collection of fines and fees, including its safe-keeping and appropriate delivery to the Business Office
• Implement and interpret library policies and procedures to staff and customers with the assistance of the Assistant Director and Director
• Prepare periodic status and statistical reports.
• Seek out and implement continuous process improvement to the department Additional Duties:
• Attend meeting[s] as scheduled by Administration
• Support and effectively implement Administration and Board policy, procedures, and core values
• Attend Staff Development Day, workshops, seminars, and conferences as appropriate
• Perform additional duties and assignments, as requested
• Thorough knowledge of library service techniques, administrative practices
• Ability to grasp users’ needs quickly and accurately
• Ability to inspire and supervise library staff
• Ability to analyze situations, and make suggestions for the improvement of service
• Experience working with computers and Microsoft Office programs
• Well versed in ILS systems such as Sierra and any other computers programs used in a library setting.
• Demonstrated Team Building Skills
• Minimum of five (5) years Circulation experience
• Supervisory experience desirable
Salary commensurate with experience. The starting salary is $66,600+, depending on experience, with full benefit package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Great Neck , NY
Reply with resume and cover letter via email by November 9, 2018 to:
Employment Great Neck Library 159 Bayview Avenue Great Neck, NY 11023 [email protected] No Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.