Pace Gallery’s Research & Archives Department is seeking a part-time Cataloging Intern for the 2019 semester, starting immediately. Interns will become a vital member of our library and art cataloging team by assisting with special projects, including data entry, cataloging library and special collections materials, digitization projects, archival processing and re-housing materials. This is a fantastic opportunity for hands-on experience in archival and art cataloging practices. This is a paid internship with a minimum requirement of sixteen hours per week with a flexible Monday through Friday, 10:00AM to 5:00PM, schedule. This internship is tied to the Winter semester and is ideal for students in library science, and archival studies. Knowledge of Library of Congress classifications, subject headings, and authorities is helpful but not required.
• Assist with copy cataloging and editing existing bibliographic records
• Preparing materials for shelving (barcoding and shelf labeling)
• Additional cataloging duties as needed
• Enrolled in an ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science
• Coursework/experience in cataloging and classification
• Knowledge of MARC/RDA cataloging
• Experience in processing library materials in various formats
• Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
• Ability to work independently and without a collaborative team environment
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft/Outlook and database programs
Paid hourly $15/hour
New York, NY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected], with ‘Cataloging Internship’ in the subject line.
535 West 24th Street, New York, NY 10011