Supervise staff and daily operations at the Newburgh Free Library’s Town Branch, located at the Newburgh Mall. Duties include development of goals, plans and procedures for the Town Branch. Work collaboratively with Library staff to successfully cross-promote Town Branch and Main Library programs, services and collections to the community. Primary provider of reference and reader’s advisory services to users of all ages using print and digital resources at Town Branch; member of Reference Team at Main Library. Includes night and weekend shifts. Other duties as assigned. Reports to Assistant Director.
Position duties – Town Branch
• Perform Circulation duties, and maintain consistency of circulation and customer service between Branch and Main locations.
• Develop and maintain Town Branch adult collections.
• Develop, conduct, coordinate and promote adult programs.
• Support and promote youth programming.
• Plan and implement outreach efforts to Town community and businesses. Position duties – Main Library
• Act as member of Adult Services team.
• Perform reference duties and related projects as assigned.
• Excellent communication, organization and customer service skills required.
• Flexible self-starter who is able to work independently, and effectively in a team environment.
• Comfortable working with diverse service population, and interest in working in an unconventional library setting.
• Bilingual preferred.
• Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
• NYS Public Library Certificate.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, social media and technology skills.
Commensurate with experience
Newburgh NY 12550 USA
To apply, go to www.newburghschools.org, click on the “District” tab, drop down to “Employment with the District” and follow the directions on the posting for:
NFL-LIB I -002 Branch Librarian I – Newburgh Free Library.
External applicants must apply online using Recruit Front at https://newburghschools.recruitfront.com/JobOpportunities . Interested applicants must register or create an account on Recruit Front prior to applying for the position by the closing date. All replies must be received in the Office of Human Resources by 4PM on September 6, 2019.
Newburgh Free Library, 124 Grand Street, Newburgh NY 12550, 845-563-3600
For further information about the position, contact Human Resources at 845-563-3460.