At The Estée Lauder Companies Archives our mission is to collect, preserve, and make available the rich heritage of The Estée Lauder Companies and its family of beauty brands. Our goal is to be a center of research and inspiration, to drive creativity and innovation, and to foster an appreciation and understanding of the company’s heritage and development.
The Estée Lauder Companies Archives is seeking a temporary Archives Coordinator to assist in processing the MAC Cosmetics Archives and rehouse and catalog new accessions from all ELC brands. This position is ideal for an emerging professional looking for hands-on experience with corporate archives collections including consumer packaged goods. This is a 6-month position, FT preferred.
• Work closely with permanent staff to complete organizing, cataloging, and preserving the MAC Cosmetics Archives.
• Catalog and rehouse new accessions from all ELC brands, including products and packaging, printed matter, A/V, digital media, and memorabilia that document the consumer experience and corporate culture.
• Provide support to other archival projects and routine office work as opportunities arise
• Participate in staff meetings to report on progress and to establish new ideas that benefit the department
• Graduate coursework in Archives or Collection Management, Library and Information Science, Fashion History, or other relevant subject is required
• Knowledge of collection management theory, methodology, and practice
• Familiarity with basic preservation techniques
• Interest in American fashion history and the contemporary beauty industry is preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative setting
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency in PC and MAC platforms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, scanning applications, and database systems
• Ability to perform physical work such as climbing step ladders and lifting and moving boxes weighing up to 40lbs
• Work is performed in an area that may contain allergens or irritants such as dust and perfume
• Work will take place in a storage facility in Long Island City, Queens and in the ELC Archives’ office in Midtown Manhattan
commensurate with experience
New York City
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Adrianna Slaughter at [email protected] Application review will begin immediately.