Columbia University Libraries seeks a highly motivated, collegial, and skilled Administrative Assistant to join the Finance & Administration team. Reporting to the Assistant to the University Librarian, the Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive administrative support to Libraries Administration staff including senior members who report to the University Librarian.
• Draft correspondence, manage calendars, schedule meetings/training sessions/ interviews, coordinate travel arrangements and prepare expense reimbursement requests for directors, job candidates and conference participants.
• Assist in preparing presentations and arranging special events.
• Act as a resource for visitors, students, faculty, and staff members seeking information about Libraries services, procedures, and policies.
• Collect and distribute mail for colleagues on floor and make time sensitive campus deliveries on Morningside and Manhattanville campuses.
• Order and maintain supplies for the office.
• Update departmental websites and org charts.
• Work closely in concert with another Administrative Assistant and other office staff.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
-High School Diploma and/or its equivalent required. -A minimum of three years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. -Highly organized; effective at planning. -Attention to detail essential. -Ability to work independently and take initiative in managing workload required. -Resourcefulness and enthusiasm for learning; disciplined work ethic. -Ability to work in a highly confidential environment and to interact effectively with managers, staff, faculty, students, patrons and visitors. -Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Google Calendar / G-Suite. -Excel and Powerpoint and the ability to update websites essential. -Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities required.
New York, NY
Columbia University Libraries is a top-tier academic research library, serving one of the world’s most important centers of research and learning. The Libraries build, sustain, and make discoverable collections that transcend traditional boundaries of format and domain, keeping pace with a dynamic and rapidly evolving information environment and creating unique opportunities for users to encounter global thought. As vital partners in the University’s research and learning ecosystem, the Libraries connects users with rich and distinctive collections, fosters meaningful learning experiences, and provides innovative research support for a large, diverse user population.
The Libraries’ collection includes resources in more than 450 languages and primary source materials that span over 4,000 years of human thought. The collection is comprised of 13 million volumes, over 160,000 journals and serials, as well as extensive electronic resources, manuscripts, rare books, microforms, maps, and graphic and audio-visual materials. The Libraries employs more than 350 staff and hosts over 4 million physical and 20 million virtual visitors each year. A leader in strategic partnerships for shared collections, collaborative collection development, and reciprocal borrowing and use, Columbia University Libraries is a key node in a network connecting users to a boundless multitude of resources around the world.