The Gill Library at The College of New Rochelle in New Rochelle, NY is seeking a service oriented individual to fill the position of Adjunct Librarian, to work part time (Saturdays) at our New Rochelle campus. Reporting to the Access Services Librarian and the Dean, the candidate will work closely with Learning Commons and Library Staff to provide direct public service and student assistance in the Library and Learning Commons. S/he must be well versed in all computer applications used in the Library, and troubleshoots problems encountered by Library users.
• Reference Services (in person including assistance with all print and electronic resources and services as well as virtual reference using AskUs 24/7) to students in all schools of the College
• Conduct library instruction sessions and Workshops as needed
• Contribute to the creation of, and update libraryguides in various subjects as needed
• In the absence of other administrators or full-time librarians, the Adjunct Librarian is responsible for the overall supervision of Library operations and the Library building including supervision of staff and student assistants.
• Collaborate with full time Librarian on innovative ways to promote library resources and services
• Other duties as assigned related to the support of student academic success
An ALA-accredited Masters in Library Science. Academic library experience preferred. The position may include evening, weekend, and holiday hours and is available immediately
New Rochelle, NY
Send letter of interest addressed to Dean Ana Fontoura, along with resume and 3 references as PDF attachments to: Ms. Brunie Lopez, Secretary to the Dean, Gill Library, The College of New Rochelle, 29 Castle Place, New Rochelle, NY 10805 [email protected]