Yonkers Public Library (YPL) seeks a dynamic and dedicated library leader to serve as its Deputy Director. Reporting to the Library Director, and working collaboratively with a diverse and talented management team and staff from YPL’s three locations, the Deputy Director will play a key role in strategic planning, refining library operations, and managing projects and partnerships. Excellent management, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential.
A partial list of responsibilities includes:
- Recommending policies and procedures to the Library Director;
- Conducting studies and analyses of library operations, and making recommendations;
- Planning and implementing new programs and services;
- Pursuing and managing grants for library programs and services;
- Representing the library at community and group meetings;
- Initiating professional development projects; Conducting staff meetings or staff training sessions; leading staff committees and teams.
- Planning and supervising library programming;
- Coordinating publicity and public relations;
- In the absence of the Director, acting in his/her stead;
This is a Civil Service appointment, requiring the candidate to be reachable on the Assistant Library Director Certification of Eligibles list which is determined by a training and experience test as established by the Yonkers Civil Service Commission. There is no current list. For the full job description, visit our Deputy Director search page. Salary is competitive.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to the Search Committee via email to [email protected]
About Yonkers Public Library
Yonkers Public Library (YPL) serves the 200,000 residents of Yonkers, NY, the fourth largest city in New York State. YPL provides a mixture of traditionally urban and suburban library services through its three locations: the Riverfront Library in downtown Yonkers, the Grinton I. Will Library on Central Park Avenue, and the Crestwood Library in the Crestwood neighborhood. Our mission is to change lives every day. Our expert, trusted staff help all the people of Yonkers find the information they need, the programs they enjoy and the reading they love. For more information about the Yonkers Public Library, visit www.ypl.org.
To apply for this job please visit ypl.org.