Website Westchester Library System
Summary of Duties
· Assist the Systems Librarian with the day-to-day duties that are associated with the maintenance of the ILS.
· Generate statistical reports and provide them to system users.
· Document and evaluate resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent issue reoccurrence.
· Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
· Audit data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality.
· Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, staff, and member library directors.
· Perform other duties related to library services as needed to accomplish the goals of the department, division, and library.
· Respond to staff support request dealings with the ILS using a help desk ticketing system in a timely manner.
· Visit member libraries to assist with training and troubleshooting as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field and substantial relevant work experience, or six or more years equivalent combination of education and experience.
· In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with an Integrated Library System (ILS) in a consortium environment, preferably Evergreen version 3.0 or higher.
· Demonstrated understanding of client/server environment, and experience with software applications needed to administer application environments. This may include Microsoft Windows Server, UNIX/Linux, Oracle/SQL Server, XML, PNX, etc.
· Knowledge of cataloging principles, including MARC and RDA, is desired.
· Demonstrated proficiency and capabilities with personal computers and software, the Web, and library-relevant information technology applications. Working knowledge of standard computer office applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint or other productivity software.
· Broad knowledge of library business practices and expectations.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
· Very strong customer service orientation.
· Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org