Website John Jay College, City University of New York
The successful candidate will manage the Lloyd Sealy Library’s existing website, online services and instructional materials for a diverse patron population. The Web and Emerging Technologies Librarian will identify, assess, and implement innovative technologies that further the Library’s mission. In addition to enjoying working with new technologies and media, the librarian will be passionate about teaching CUNY students and collaborating with faculty and staff. Good communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work well as a team member.
The successful candidate will:
– Coordinate, customize, design, assess and assure the functionality, usability, and accessibility of the Library’s website and discovery tools, including Primo.
– Upgrade the Library’s current Drupal site.
– Encourage and facilitate the application of technologies to enhance services to users through the Library’s online presence.
– Develop unique web-based tools and resources tailored to meet the teaching, learning, and research needs of the libraries’ users and staff.
– Work closely with the Library’s IT Academic Applications Director and part-time webmaster on digital projects.
– Work with distance and online education faculty to advance the College’s information literacy goals.
– Explore trends and future directions in library services and resources.
– Co-ordinate the Library’s social media presence.
– Engage in scholarship and service required for reappointment and tenure.
– Provide reference and bibliographic instruction services.
– Complete other duties as assigned.
– Some evening and weekend hours are required.
MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program; demonstrated skills in web technologies; demonstrated knowledge of technology trends, standards, and issues in libraries and/or higher education; ability to provide some reference and instruction services in an academic library setting; strong service orientation with excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills.