Website Ulysses Philomathic Library
The Ulysses Philomathic Library (UPL), located in Trumansburg, New York, is seeking a
dynamic and innovative leader who is forward-thinking and values transformative library
experiences, is committed to shared decision-making, and will inspire and empower a
creative, dedicated, and enthusiastic staff. UPL seeks a visionary who plays an active role
in the community and advocates for library services and programming for this small but
● The director is responsible for the operation of the Trumansburg library, its programs
and services and supervises staff and volunteers.
● The director prepares annual budgets, oversees recordkeeping, and reports regularly to
the Board of Trustees. The director also prepares and monitors funding requests for
public and private grants.
● Under the direction of the Trustees, the director ensures that the operations of the
library conform with policies established by the Trustees and the New York State
● The Director will oversee the facilities, building maintenance and capital projects as
needed, with Trustee oversight.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
● Bachelor’s Degree minimum, Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science and
two years of successful public library leadership experience preferred.
● Applicant should have excellent oral and written communication skills with experience
in developing effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, UPL Trustees, local
schools and the general public, as well as experience with public outreach and serving as
● Applicants should have up-to-date knowledge of information technologies and their
application in public library settings.
COMPENSATION : This is a full-time salaried position requiring the director to adapt
to a flexible work schedule for events, programs, and meetings that involve some
evenings and weekends. Salary level will be commensurate with qualifications and
experience and will be competitive with libraries in the Finger Lakes Library System.
APPLICATION : Interested applicants can find the application online at
Please submit Cover letter, Application and Resume to Cynthia Mannino, Search
Committee Chair, at [email protected]
Applications will be considered as they are received. Deadline: July 17, 2021.
The Ulysses Philomathic Library is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer.
To apply for this job please visit trumansburglibrary.org..